The Wireless Access Point FortiAP-112B is an outdoor IEEE 802.11b/g/n economically priced to provide wireless access on 2.4GHz frequency up to 65Mbps. The wireless access point FortiAP 112B has built-in directional antenna, which concentrates the signal up to 6dB allowing for high performance point to multipoint connections. Just like all wireless access point FortiAP products, you can configure this versatile access point in AP mode, Mesh mode, Bridge Mode, or as a remote AP.
High Performance Secure Thin Access Pointse
- Leverage existing FortiGate or FortiWiFi platforms as controllers for low TCO
- Full range of authentications and access for all use cases
- Integration with FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer for unified control and reporting
- Fast Roaming for uninterrupted data access
- Automatic Radio Resource Provisioning (ARRP) for optimized throughput
- Flexible deployment options with simple per device pricing
- Layer 7 application QoS for maximum business productivity
- Rogue AP control for PCI DSS compliance
The Need for a Fortified Wireless LAN
Enterprises are looking to increase productivity through uninterrupted access to applications and resources, without compromising security and agility. You want to increase visibility and control of your wireless network traffic by enforcing the same policies as your wired network and eliminate potential blind spots. You also need a solution that helps you meet compliance by proactively blocking unauthorized access all while providing tools for business continuity by following industry best practices.
Integrated Wireless Security and Access Solution
FortinetÕs FortiAP-112B wireless thin access point delivers secure, identity-driven WiFi client access that creates a fortified WLAN network. Centrally managed by a FortiGate¨ or FortiWiFiª platform with its integrated wireless controller, FortiAPs allow you to deploy a comprehensive, integrated security solution for your wireless and wired networks. By acting as a wireless controller, FortiGate or FortiWiFi security platforms enable you to deploy comprehensive unified threat management (UTM) protection over your wireless network.
Economical and versatile thin Access Point
The FortiAP-112B provides standards-based IEEE 802.11b/g/n economically priced to deliver wireless access on the 2.4GHz frequency at data rates of up to 65Mbps. The FortiAP has builtin directional antenna which directs signal up to 6dB allowing for high performance, long reach point-to-point connections. Just like all FortiAP products, this versatile AP can be configured to operate in AP mode, Mesh mode, Bridge Mode, or as a remote AP.
- In AP mode, FortiAP can provide outdoor wireless access, and leverages the FortiGate security and authentication features such as guest user self provisioning and metered bandwidth hotspots
- The same access point can be used as a Mesh wireless client enabling point-to-multipoint coverage for large outdoor coverage. FortiAP includes dual Ethernet interfaces allowing a Mesh node to bridge traffic to a remote security camera or bridge two LAN networks in different buildings.
- The access point can also be installed at a remote location without a physical FortiGate on site. It will tunnel its traffic securely over the Internet to a cloud-based wireless controller, allowing versatile yet low cost deployment.
Includes Hardware Unit, Hardware Replacement, Firmware and General Upgrades, 8X5 Enhanced Support, Antivirus, IPS/Application Control, Web Content Filtering and Antispam. Includes 8x5 Forticare and FortiGuard UTM Bundle, 1 Year