FortiAP are thin access points, delivering secure, identity-driven WiFi access for your enterprise network, managed centrally by the integrated WLAN controller of any FortiGate¨ security appliance. With the integration of the wireless controller functionality into the market leading FortiGate appliance, Fortinet delivers a true Unified Access Layer. This enables you to easily manage wired and wireless security from a Single Pane of Glass management console and protects your network from the latest security threats.
Outdoor Enterprise WLAN Deployment
FortiAP Remote WLAN access points have been purpose-built for installation in remote locations, with coverage areas of up to 300m2. Preprovisioned APs can be shipped to a remote user and connect back to the FortiGate wireless controller via a secure tunnel over any Internet connection. The AP can broadcast the same SSID at the remote location as it does at headquarters, providing a seamless roaming experience for users. The wired ports can also be bridged to an SSID, enabling devices such as VoIP phones to seamlessly connect back to the corporate network. The remote series of FortiAPs are designed to increase the security remote wireless LANs, while simplifying management and reducing helpdesk calls.
- Leverage existing FortiGate or FortiWiFi platforms as controllers for low TCO.
- Integration with FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer for centralized management and reporting.
- Fast Roaming for uninterrupted data access.
- Automatic Radio Resource Provisioning (ARRP) for optimized throughput.
- Layer 7 application control prioritizes business traffic.
- Rogue AP detection and mitigation to satisfy PCI DSS Key Features & Benefits compliance.
Includes Hardware Unit, Hardware Replacement, Firmware and General Upgrades, 8X5 Enhanced Support, Antivirus, IPS/Application Control, Web Content Filtering and Antispam. Includes 8x5 Forticare and FortiGuard UTM Bundle, 1 Year